Here we are at the end of our second week back and Class One is now complete with all 30 children now in class! We are all feeling very proud of the new cohort in the way they have conducted themselves around school and in the kind and sensible way they carry out their learning each day and it has been lovely this week to watch them begin to form friendships with new children and get stuck into the many activities we have had planned for them this week.
This week, your child has very busy taking part in…
- Circle times to discuss likes and dislikes
- Painting in the art corner
- Reading and acting out the story of ‘The Blessings Jar’ by Colleen Coble and have designed our own blessings jars
- Been learning about materials and testing out magnets and magnetic construction toys
- Trying out some number and phonics games on the class computers
- Learning single letter phonic sounds and forming them without taking our pen off of the whiteboard/ moving the pen in the correct direction.
A big thank you once again for your patience at the gate during home-time and morning drop offs as we learn all of your names and faces. As you can imagine, learning parents, grandparents, child-minders, aunties and other family friends for each child is not an easy task but we hope to get a little quicker at this soon! In the meantime, please continue to inform a member of office staff or class adult if someone new is picking up your child, as we will be unable to let your child leave unless we have had consent and notification of this.
In the mornings, we are trying to open 5 minutes early at 20 to 9 so we will carry on with this to ease congestion at the front of the school.
Lastly, you may notice that over the course of the year, your child may come home wearing a badge on a Friday afternoon. These are from our Friday awards assembly in which your child can win a values, effort or achievement award. Your child will be able to wear their badge for the whole week but will hand it back in the following Friday morning, so that it can be given to the next person. We ask kindly that children look after their badges each week and that parents ensure that the children bring it back in on the following Friday. Thank you for your cooperation. J
- On Monday, all reception children will take home their first library book. This is chosen by the children from our school library and is loaned out for one week. We ask the children bring it into school each Monday so that we can then sign it back in to our system and swap it for a new one please. Forgotten books will mean that your child will be unable to change their book until it is returned.
- Thank you for all making your children so independent this year! We have noticed almost all children can put on a coat/ sort out inside out clothing and get changed for PE with no help. This makes things so much easier in school for both your children and the teachers! We ask kindly that you continue to encourage your children to change and un-change at home themselves, to continue to develop these skills.
Thank you and enjoy your weekend everyone,
Miss Ingle, Mrs Holmes and Mrs Sabri